Visitor Locator


Visitor Map

Monday, May 5, 2008

a day when several thousands were spent

this is a very memorable sunday for me. the title already revealed why. several thousands were spent. several thousands of what? of course, nothing else, but money. I have never felt so filthy rich for a day ever since when. (i couldn't really tell when that day ever happened.)

well, of course, the money came from my mom, which I won't reveal the details. let's just say that finally, we have paid our debts from our family's close kins and friends. Bless them!


gaining weight requires a good price



for some of you who is familiar with me, better yet, who have seen me, you would strongly, violently and bloodily (hyperbole ok?) oppose that i'm the type of guy who is macho, who has great abs and a man who have been gifted with a model-like and worth-being-a-magazine-cover physique. No, i'm sure not. I know you'll bet your life if you'd agree to that. (meanies!)

anyway, last year, i've heard, or rather, i've read, or is it seen? Seen would be better. So I've seen this product on a daily which back then seemed to be the answer to my unending call for God's mercy of making my body fit to being a body of my age. I guess He was exhausted already with my clamors, that's why.. hehe..

And so, back to this product. It's branded as APPETON WEIGHT GAIN. But all my hopes turned to a dreadful misery after inquiring about its price as well as its availability. It was out of stock in my place (out of stock meant they don't really bother to order for the product, i guess).

I don't blame them for making it "out of stock" when all the advertisements point out that it's already available nationwide on that particular drug store (save the name, i don't like to be sued). (Since when did our place, a city down south Manila, been erased on the map of the Philippines?)

You wanna know the price? It's a whooping Php 1300 (for 900ml) and Php 750 (for 450ml). Expensive? Yes, for people like us who's parents' monthly earnings are not enough to satisfy our luxuries, only the needs. Back then, I accepted already the sad fact that my tounge wont ever taste even a drop of that milk drink.

But just this morning, I was truly elated to see that my father thought about buying me one. (the 450 ml only, actually, but, thankfully, he wanted to be "economical" so he bought the bigger one, twice the content of the "little appeton"). Well, I guess, he's afraid that I might end up being teased by my future students as unworthy of the profession all because of my "physical deficiency". my "slimmnes".



Honestly, that was already planned because I don't pretty much have anything good to do this summer vacation but to sleep, eat, do my hobbies, sleep, eat, and do my hobbies again. Nothing more, nothing less. I won't be needing to sleep at 7AM and eventually wake up at 8AM of the same day to catch up with a trip to my university. Thank God, a two-month rest from school was mandated. Or else, I'm a dead meat, or better, bone if not! Whoo!

So after finally holding it, as if it's a priced possessions; as if it's a chest brimming with jewelry and greenbacks, I fondly imagined myself turning into a well-built man from a stick. I hope my "greatest dream" would come true. So help me God. (Dad's actually forcing me to sleep right now because he reasoned that I won't feel the benefits of the milk drink if I always sleep at 3AM. Sorry dad, but I have to finish this. I'm quite thrilled to write, see.)


And so, after finally releasing the milk drink from it's tight lid, I then noticed this: PRODUCT OF FRANCE. So, that answers why it's worth a gold bar! It crossed-over the continents just to fall in my hands. But, I do hope that it would keep the promise of improving my weight. I hope I did not waste not only several hundreds of pesos as well as this blog entry cum promotional ad just for some fraud. I have high hopes on you!!


belting down that slim waist

i've got loads of problems when it comes to my weight. At a tender age of 19, I have already suffered too much! Too much, I say! (sigh...)

when I pay a visit to the malls, I always receive frustrated eyes of sales ladies after finally giving up all the chances of dressing me up, after several tries, ESPECIALLY that of my lower part of the body. No good pants really fitted me. That's why, I always end up with the not-so-stylish ones. Although back then, when I still have some of those withered fats, I have bought merchandise next to good ones.

therefore, all of my good ones have considerably grown larger to my recent self. so, I have to use good belts to help my body carry the weight of the jeans. Bust sadly, last year, my one and only "good belt" which really fits into my unique waistline bid me goodbye. It surrendered already with so much work I give him. so, I ended up using the "not-so-good ones" until now.

to tell you the truth, it's really hard to use belts which are manufactured for people whose waistline range from 40 cm - 50 cm. I felt like i'm being tied into a rope and never breath to death afterwards. I curse that belt!

well, luckily again, my father agreed to buy me a new one (probably out of pity). One with stylish colors on it, though simple in a glance. I like simple things.

i'm not really particular on the things that I wear, whether they are fake or original. As long as I could use them, and as long as it makes me good on the eyes of other, then I'm satisfied. But after buying that belt on a mall near our place, I resented on how much it costed us.

it's Php 299.75, just for a belt! That's truly absurd! But sadly, I only thought about it when I was already walking away from the counter while the sales ladies wave me goodbye for joy that they once again fooled another helpless being. I pitied myself.

i could have bought something more reasonable that just a belt with that money. Oh, why should the grudge always appear after the event. Silly life!


opening a new window

since i'm always being haunted by my daily practice during schooldays (sleeping early in the morning), I always had difficulty sleeping. And so, as always, I kept myself busy with a book to lull me to sleep, at the same time, give me enjoyment and satisfaction that I have fulfilled something each day.

i don't want wasting my time over things which won't give me something new to learn or experience. I am hungry of knowledge, insights and experiences. I'm that kind of person. Honest!

i want to tell the world that I have done something good this summer vacation. Well, I just have finished reading The Lord of the Flies by William Golding, The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewiss and recently, or rather, yesterday morning, at about 3:30AM, I finished The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. My reviews on them will follow shortly if I found time and eagerness to write.

because I was left speechless in the utter goodness of the story, I was determined to grab a copy of its supposed sequel, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which I luckily bought this day. After writing this very long blog entry (mind you, I started at 12:30 AM and it's already 1:40AM, 5/5/08!) i'll be leafing through its pages. I can't wait to see what happens next! (mouth drooling)


a new member of the family

my mom has always wanted to have her own cell phone. But she couldn't buy one because her salary is just enough for our needs here. so with this chance, we bought her a brand new phone, an imitation of Nokia 6300 (don't tell this to other ok? this is a secret between the two of us!). Although it's not truly the same with the original, the good thing is, it's price is fair enough, Php 3, 300.00 and it's features are just right for my mom's needs.

We are to send this phone to her to China (funny, it's a China phone, but it was bought in the Philippines only to be brought back and used in China) through my youngest sister since she was invited by my mom's employer to tour in Zhu Hai, China, a city just a ferry away from Hong Kong.

She's lucky, yes. I do hope I could also see the place one day. But it's good for her since she was forced to stop attending school because my parents can't afford to send us to college at the same time. So, in exchange, she'll be with my mom the whole time. (jealous...)



So, back to the phone. Although some say that a China phone is not a better choice for wise buyers, I must disagree because I could testify that the one that I've bought just last January looks as new as ever. so no need to worry too much about the great deal of money spent. It just depends on the user. That's true. If you take care of your things, naturally, they'll be at their best when you'll need them.

but this is a secret between the two of us, okay, whoever you are. Because my mom has no idea about this. I don't know whether she will be happy that we spent that much for her phone or be delighted that we at least have thought about her after doing so much to secure the money she owe to her boss. Dad already said she might get angry. You see, she's not the type of person who considers her welfare and interests first among the rest. She's someone who thinks first of our welfare before herself. And that's why I could call my mother a true noble person.

'till the next time...

0 comments: